We’re looking for a
Couples & Sex Therapist
Are you a therapist passionate about working with relationship and sexual health issues? Do you crave a career where you get to focus on what you love (talking about sex!) without having to worry about running a business, marketing yourself, or paying corporate taxes?
Well, hello! We’re glad you found us. You might be the perfect fit for our team.
We created The Center for introverted therapists who want the perks of being in private practice (autonomy, low caseload, stellar work/life balance) and the benefits of being part of an agency (medical benefits, income stability, supportive community) without the headaches of owning your own business or having to navigate bureaucratic red tape.
Basically, we’re a haven for talented, smart, passionate people who want to become expert level couples and sex therapists without sacrificing their sanity in the process.
- 4 day work week with a small caseload of 22 clients per week
- Super competitive compensation (aka you’re going to make excellent money)
- Major medical insurance with PacificSource, Dental and Vision (we pay 100% of your premium, for real)
- Paid supervision for state licensure and/or AASECT Certification
- Annual CEU stipend so you can invest in trainings with less stress
- Paid time off (and encouragement to use it!)
- Staff Trainings to help you grow as a therapist
- Full support from our backend team to help navigate the not-so-fun parts of managing your caseload (scheduling new clients, sending monthly statements, handling billing snafus, you name it)
- No required staff meetings, team bonding events, or watercooler chit-chat
- Guidance and mentorship to help you achieve your long term career goals
You’re not a good fit for this position if you’re…
- Not interested in a full time position (4 days per week seeing 5-6 clients per day)
- Not interested in pursuing AASECT Certification in Sex Therapy
- Not interested in expanding and improving your therapy skills
- A super extrovert who needs a LOT of people time with your colleagues
- Unable to self-manage your workday (i.e. you need a lot of oversight to get things done)
- Opposed to working for a business that actively supports social justice causes, advocates for inclusivity in the therapy room, and generally aims to smash the patriarchy a little bit each day
Sound like a good fit so far? Keep on reading…
We’re looking for several therapists to join our team and are open to folks who are provisionally licensed or fully licensed with the state of Oregon and/or Washington.
Therapists of all colors, backgrounds, religions (or lack thereof), sexual orientations, and gender identities who are passionate about relationship and sexual health counseling are encouraged to apply.
We prefer our therapists have foundational training in at least one couples therapy modality and basic sexual health knowledge prior to starting at The Center. We’re happy to support you in further developing these skills through ongoing training, supervision, and consultation.
Ready to take the next step?
Please submit the contact form below!
In the little box that says “Tell us about your interest in working at The Center…” be sure to answer the following questions:
- Are you available to work at least four days per week and maintain a caseload of 20-24 clients per week?
- Why are you looking to join this group instead of opening up your own private practice?
- What is your familiarity or experience working with couples and individuals seeking support with relationships and sexual health?
- When are you available to begin working?
- What is your desired hourly wage or salary?
- What is important about you as a candidate that doesn’t come across in a resume?
(Spoiler alert! This is a test to see if you can follow instructions. Make sure you answer all of the questions!)
Don’t forget to attach your CV/resume and double check that you’ve typed in your email address correctly. Then press “Apply Now”. You’ll hear back from us within 48 business hours.
We’re very excited to meet you!