As a therapist, my goal is to help you reconnect with your full self, shed unwanted patterns that are causing you pain, and allow yourself to openly move toward your desires. I aspire to help you be at ease with yourself by increasing your capacity for presence, enhancing your tolerance for all emotional experiences, and facilitating a deeper and more meaningful connection with yourself and with loved ones.
Lauren specializes in…
- Licensed Clinical Social Worker
- Bachelor of Science in Psychology, Vassar College
- Masters in Social Work, University of Texas at Austin
- Advanced Trainings
- American Association of Sexuality Educators, Counselors, and Therapists (AASECT) designation as a Certified Sex Therapist
- Certificate in Sex Therapy from the University of Michigan Sexual Health Certificate Program
- Emotionally Focused Couples Therapy – ICEEFT Externship
- Interanalytic Couples Therapy, Neuropsychiatric Institute UCLA
- Psychoanalytic Psychotherapy Certificate, Wright Institute Los Angeles
- Hakomi Level 1 Therapist
I’ve always felt more comfortable as an observer, watching and witnessing others before jumping into the mix. Through my own personal therapy and my lifelong self work, I’ve learned to understand my emotions better and am on a continual journey to feel more deeply connected with myself and with others.
As a sex therapist, I work from a holistic perspective, focusing on creating alignment between your emotional, physical, and existential/spiritual well being. I’m an LGBTQ+ affirmative sex therapist and specialize in working with individual clients who suffer from anxiety and feelings of disconnection. I enjoy working with individuals who are highly motivated and successful but get caught in their minds with swirling thoughts, and who long to have deeper connections with others.
With sex therapy, paying attention to the body can be an integral part of the healing process as painful experiences often get felt and lodged there. Through deep attunement and curiosity, we can learn to reintegrate parts of ourselves that have been shut down, and we can reconnect with our wholeness, our ability to give and receive pleasure and develop a greater sense of overall vitality and connection.
I’m honored to do the work I do and look forward to helping you on this particular journey.
During my time off I spend as much time as possible in the mountains, hanging with friends, or relaxing at home with my favorite cat.